Monday, 17 December 2012

the Liebster Award!

Hey all!

We are so thrilled to have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Georgia of the wonderful Craft, Sew, Love, Grow (go see her amazing craftiness!). The Liebster Award is an award set up to bring recognition to and increase viewership for blogs with fewer than 200 followers. It means such a lot to us that Georgia has honoured our little blog this way!

As part of the award we now have to tell you 11 facts about ourselves. As there are two of us we'll take it in turn...

1. Jen is older than Elena by just 7 minutes.
2. Elena has a fear of spiders and pigeons.
3. In her day job, Jen is an Editor at Bloomsbury Publishing.
4. Elena's favourite singer is Regina Spektor.
5. Jen is addicted to Earl Grey tea.
6. When she's not working or sewing, Elena likes to engage in amateur dramatics with her drama group, Studio Theatre Club.
7. Jen is dog-obsessed and cannot wait to have a puppy one day (when she's not in a tiny one-bed flat).
8. Elena has a pretty massive DVD collection, all of which is alphabetised.
9. Jen's favourite book is A Little Princess  by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
10. Elena is addicted to crime and thriller novels - the creepier, the better.
11. Jen lives in Islington, north London.


We'll now answer the 11 questions Georgia has set for us...

1. What made you start your blog?
Jen: I was doing loads of crafts and DIY projects for my wedding in July this year and realised it was a great opportunity to keep a sort of memento and share my love of crafts and sewing with the world (if they wanted to know about it!). I approached Elena to do it with me and she loved the idea!
Elena: Pretty much as above! I love that the blog helps me keep a record of everything I've made.

2. What advice do you have for potential bloggers?
Jen: Just go for it! It's so fun and rewarding having something you can feel passionate about.
Elena: Absolutely - don't be scared! Also, don't let your blogging become a burden - it should remain fun and a pleasure to do.

3. What inspires you?
Jen: Other bloggers, of all types, and friends and family.
Elena: Definitely my friends, Jen in particular - I think we really help to inspire each other.

4. Do you have a favorite material to work with?
Jen: At the moment I'm really getting into jewellery making so I would say beads and metal.
Elena: Usually I'd say rayon (soo nice to work with), but at the moment I want to make everything out of jersey - it's so comfortable. I always get like this in winter!  

5. Name a place you would love to travel to.
Jen: Australia
Elena: Morocco

6. What is your favorite post/project you have done?
 
Jen: I have so many, but my DIY wedding order of service is probably one of my faves.
Elena: Definitely the Love Quilt. It's the item I'm most proud of.

7. Where would you prefer to live: the beach, the mountains, the city, the country, and why?
Jen: The city, definitely! At least while I'm still young. I need things on my doorstep!
Elena: I'd also say the city, although that could easily change to the country in a few years!

8. What is your favorite movie?
Jen: The Shawshank Redemption
Elena: Shaun of the Dead

9. What would your dream occupation be?
Jen: Other than what I currently do, I always thought being a zookeeper would be amazing.
Elena: Jen nabbed my answer! ;) Otherwise, I always thought marine biology would be cool.

10. Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it?
Jen: Um, no! But I can quote you a whole lot of Friends quotes, which is always useful.
Elena: I like 'Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid' by Albert Einstein.

11. Favorite smell?
Jen: Sweet peas
Elena: Cinnamon


And here are the 11 questions we would like to ask our nominated bloggers...

1. What's the most rewarding thing about blogging, for you?
2. What's your favourite book?
3. Are you a morning person, or a night owl, and why?
4. What are you hoping Santa brings you this year?
5. What's your favourite food?
6. Who has been the biggest inspiration in your life?
7. What's your favourite TV programme?
8. What's your favourite thing to do at the weekend?
9. Other than the current one, which era of history would you most like to have lived in?
10. How many languages do you speak?
11.Who would you most like to be trapped in a lift (elevator, for our non-English friends) with?


And our nominees are...

One Crafty Minx
the Jess Journals
Moonbeam
Laura in a Tangle
Such A Strange Girl
Pins & Needles


Do go and check out their blogs, and follow them - they're fantastic!

Jen and Elena xxx


3 comments:

  1. Awww thanks for the nomination Jen (& Elena)! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! thanks so much for the nomination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderfully sweet of you! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...